Thursday, August 6, 2009

two charms in my pocket

Two Charms in my pocket

should be so much more
tied up like a canal
just after five
in the afternoon
sun striking cinders
turns them white hot
just like a fix
lay down and cover my eyes
see a vision pull away
holding back the green walls
from time to time they cross
just talking outside
with their few minutes
a burst of sudden silence
unsure of who I am
where I’m at
half-gouged wall
it has something written on it
I crawl a little closer
remember it says
rigid jutting corpse
smiles and points the way
Narcissus at his horror
perception empties it’s contents
into a small wooden box
the evening temperance falls
down the stairs squealing
kicking the base of the skull
one virtue after another
leave me
like a whore with my money

© Deep Piercing Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment