Saturday, August 22, 2009

Awareness

Awareness

Mouth speaking full from heart
Withholding anger, not forming the words
Stand firm like rock and listen
Hope found when all seems helpless
Know the goodness that dwells within
Supposed fundamental delusion

Your eyes mesmerize me
Sexual and inviting all at once
I lose myself within
Fire burning me with desire
It grows in your presence
Something I find hard to control

To be brave five minutes longer
And not vulnerable in situation
Not a target for shooting practice
Life flowing from my veins
Seasons of futility
Willing the illogical
The bizarre and incongruous
Fighting with the reasonable
Separated from the herd


I have looked misfortune in the face
Laughing with confidence
Careful not to yearn for happiness
I have I lost that which makes me human
A divided soul of man and beast
Pride growing in my heart
A sight seeker in others’ reality
Not knowing what I hold
Free to take a chance
Burning deeper with density
The two ways of telling
Even now, immediately and forever
Like Brittney, an inspiration
A mind opened by wonder



Turn the wheel and press the tangents
Maiden of the valley
Content in your surroundings
Celebrated depth and intensity
Spreading, exposed revealing
Beauty thrust among divergence
Survival short on this orb
Underlying sentiment that informs
Aware of her presence, so aware

(c) 2007 Deep Piercing Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment