Tuesday, June 8, 2010

down




Down

Down to the ground,
ask for fifty cents,
pretty, pretty maids,
they found your gun.
Shady looking loser,
as clear as the sun,
caught in a landslide,
no escape from me.
On a downtown street,
got it some more,
get out of the way,
broken down angel.
Bring it down,
back to the beginning,
shadows did fall,
all around us.
My punk rock date,
she’s a little gothic,
with fork and spoon,
ready with the needle.
Round she spins,
in her chair,
nothing’s ever wrong,
shush don’t speak.
Just you shut your mouth,
put it in the middle,
piercing the skin,
a little trickle.
I mean tickle,
one wonderful ride,
beyond your illusions,
past your foolish pride.
You are my last cry,
more than I can take,
hollowed out motives,
running through my head.
My arms extended,
chest puffed out,
see beyond my blindness,
hear only a shout.
Into a fine dust,
you are beaten down,
cornmeal of desire,
flavored with a little salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment