Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Ambassador of Loss

The Ambassador of Loss

I have been reassigned
It happened just this morning
I am to travel to yet another
Place I have never heard of before
I will have to learn all over again
Their customs and gestures
Habits in dress and food
How they wear a fedora
My orders came by fax
Apparently they distrust the e-mail
I leave by next Monday
So little time to adjust my affairs
Say goodbye to all the right people
Ignore those who hang on my every word
As if I was a prophet or messenger from the gods
What would they say in such a situation?
If they were so inclined to speak
Would they say that time is money?
That everyone has his orders?
Maybe, but I think they wouldn’t
They would have more important things to do
Like managing the market
Extract the last once of profit

No comments:

Post a Comment